crest

Shaw House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
 

Shaw House, Halifax. photo 1918 Shaw House, Halifax in 1918

Shaw House - the property enclosed by Shaw Lane, Gaukroger Lane and Simmonds Lane, was bought by private treaty in 1871.

The land was sold to the local borough council in the 1960’s and a tower block was erected on the site.

Prior to its sale, the house was occupied by Dr. Joe Laycock, Patricia Mary (Paddy, née Holdsworth) and their family, Pat, Deidre and Gillian. The family moved in the 1960's to live above the medical practice at Park Road Surgery, Halifax.


From the Photograph Album

Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax in 1918
Shaw House, Halifax, 1918
Shaw House, Halifax - sketch 1967
Shaw House, Halifax - sketch by J.L. Berbiers, 1967
from the Halifax Evening Courier and Guardian
18 Dec 1968

© 2018 David W. Holdsworth  
contact

Please send questions, updates, additions to:
Middle Pasture, Halifax, HX3 0AG, UK
Tel: +44 1422 322500